This course is designed to train participants to teach infant, child, and adult courses from the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program. The WSI course develops an understanding of how to use course materials, develop lesson plans, conduct training sessions, and evaluate participants progress. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification.
Demonstrate the ability to perform the following swimming skills:
- Swim strokes consistent with the Stroke Performance Charts, Level 4 (click here).
- Maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling).
- Tread water for 1 minute.
The required swimming skills include: Elemenatary Back Crawl, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Front Crawl, Side Stroke.Below are links to videos of the swimming strokes:
- Elemenatary Backstroke - Video
- Back Crawl (Backstroke) - Video
- Breaststroke - Video
- Butterfly - Video
- Front Crawl (Frestyle) - Video
- Side Stroke - Video
Two weeks before the class you will be emailed the pre-course login information. Once enrolled in the class, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Water Safety Instructor
Sat/Sun | 4/10, 4/11, 4/17 | 8:30am - 5:30pm | $240 - Register online
Rusch Pool | 4/10, 4/11
Antelope Aquatics Complex | 4/17