Hello Sunrise participants,
During this time of shelter in place we wanted to bring you some water safety information to help you in your daily life. We have information for all ages.
National Water Safety Month
Safe Kids Greater Sacramento
ABC's of Drowning Prevention
A is for Adult Supervision
B is for Barriers
C is for CPR and Classes
- ABC's of Drowning Prevention Brochure - Click Here
- Pool Safety Poster - Click Here
- River Safety Poster - Click Here
American Red Cross
FREE Longfellow Whales Tales for for children 1 - 10 years old
Longfellow WHALE Tales is taught to raise children’s awareness of safe behavior in, on and around the water. WHALE Tales is a free course that can be taught by any Aquatic Leader or Instructor or School Teacher. WHALE Tales can be taught without a pool and is a great rainy day activity for Schools, Summer Camps, and during Swimming Lessons. Download Longfellow’s WHALE Tales free resources. Click here
- Don't Just Pack it Wear Your Jacket - Click here for the video
- Swim as a Pair Near a Lifeguard Chair - Click here for the video
- Look Before You Leap - Click here for the video
- Wave Tide Or Ride Follow the Guide - Click here for the video
- Too Much Sun is No Fun - Click here for the video
- Reach or Throw, Don't Go - Click here for the video
- Think So You Don't Sink - Click here for the video
- In Your Home Or In Your Yard - Click here for the video
FREE American Red Cross Water Safety for Parents and Caregivers Online Course
- The course focuses on developing an awareness of the risks of drowning and how to minimize those risks, especially for young children.
- This online course teaches parents and caregivers about the concepts of the circle of drowning prevention, water competency and the chain of drowning survival.
- It also provides guidance for applying water safety to common environments and situations where children are most at risk for drowning
- Click here to register for the free online course
FREE American Red Cross Swim App
Get the most out of Red Cross swim lessons with the Swim App. Created as a companion to the newly-updated Learn-to-Swim program (including Preschool Aquatics), this app will help you keep your swimmer motivated, while providing you the latest in water safety guidance to help ensure your family stays safe in, on and around the water.
- To download the American Red Cross swim app from the Apple app store - Click here
- To download the American Red Cross swim app from the Google Play store - Click here